April Fools’ Day: have you been fooled by the newspapers?
Have you read any news articles this morning that sound a little out of the ordinary? Many newspapers have been embracing April Fools’ Day by reporting stories that we weren’t prepared to believe. Here are some of the best - warning spoilers ahead!
• The Daily Mail announced that actress Olivia Colman is set to be the next Bond, we’d love to see a female 007!
• The Guardian claimed that the royal family are joining in with the Europe debate with Prince Phillip leading the bid for Britain to stay in the EU.
• Meanwhile, The Telegraph reported today that England would be kicked out of Euro 2016 by German and French UEFA officials if we chose to leave Europe in June.
• Did you know that the white cliffs of Dover need a new coat of paint once in a while? The Express reporter “Cliff White” spotted the cliffs being repainted “by a team of 60 working in sections!”
• According to The Independent, Scotland and Wales will form their own country if Britain leaves the EU, using a bridge or tunnel that will link the two countries via the Isle of Mann.
Have you spotted any funny April Fools’ Day newspaper articles? Let us know over on our Facebook and Twitter!