Autumn Fashion Guide: The Great Outdoors
Whether you’re a lover of the great outdoors or not, give your wardrobe a rural makeover this Autumn with chunky knits, military-inspired fashion and riding boots that make you look ready for anything.
As well as some difficult to wear trends, this season also has some surprisingly easy and accessible styles, with the great outdoors theme getting a big thumbs up from UKMums.tv for being very easy to wear day-to-day and comfortable to boot.
Don’t worry – it’s not about looking like a lumberjack, the outdoors theme is being channelled through comfy knits, warm colours, khaki and faux fur, with a military vibe also very big this season. It can be a bit grunge, with lots of plaid, but dress it up with heeled boots and a fitted dress for a grown-up take on the look.
If it’s not your usual style – a khaki parker or pleated jacket can add a little nod without going too out of your comfort zone, whilst the more daring of us will channel that rural, ready-for-anything feel even if we live in the city miles away from nature.
Here’s our favourite pieces that you can buy:
Where to buy:
1. Khaki and black dress, £16, Primark
2. Molly Jacket, £125, Hobbs.co.uk
3. Longsleeve Scoop Neck Feather Print Jumper, £60, Laura Ashley
4. Miss Real rich purple sleeveless shirt dress, £29.99, New Look
5. Animal Clip, £7.50, Topshop.com
6. Rocket Dog Blazer Worker Plaid Boots, £65, Schuh.co.uk
7. Faux Fur Fox Hat, £18, NEXT.co.uk
8. Arielle Lace-up Boots, £90, Topshop.com
9. Feather Owl Earring, £8, Accessorize
10. Per Una Coat, £69, Marks & Spencer
14. Luxurious Lucky Snood, £27, French Connection