Back to school - How do you prepare?
The School summer is almost over? It’s time for teachers, parents and students to prep for back to school. So UKMums.tv has put together our top 10 list. If you have your own top 10 or essential school list, feel free to add them in the comment section or visit us on Facebook.
1. USB Flash Drive – An easy way to transport data to and from school. Most school work, especially for kids in higher grades – My Doodles have 8GB sticks that come in a variety of cute designs and the key ring means they can keep it with them at all times.
2. Backpack – of course kids can hold lots of files on a flash drive, but it still doesn’t replace text books and folders. There are all kinds of options for this essential must have school supply. Personally I go for camping style ones, something that will last, Millets have some great deals at the moment.
3. Note book – Essential for all students for keeping those all-important notes
4. Pens and pencil- The younger kids may only require pencils. But it’s important to have comfortable writing implements for those notes they will be taking down.
5. Dictionary – My kids always use the line ‘Let’s ask google’ when they want to know what a word means but nothing beats pulling out a pocket dictionary when kids aren’t near a computer.
6. Hand Gel – To help the prevention of acquiring and spreading illness in the classroom, These are great and are available in travel size bottles, ideal for their backpacks. Check out your local supermarket for great multipack deals.
7. Planner – Whether it’s an old-school planner that looks like a notebook or a planning app for phone or tablet it’s always good not to forget when that big project is due. There are plenty of free apps out there for any need.
8. Food Container – Probably one of the most overlooked of school supplies is healthy food or snacks. You’ll need a good container to keep snacks or foods from spilling again through my experience best to buy something designed for camping use as they generally last and have decent seals to keep the contents freah
9. Portable and Mini/Travel things – Kids already have enough to carry around and there are school supplies that will fit in just about any pocket in their backpack. Some of these items include small pencil sharpeners, small staplers, and glue sticks.
10. Flash Cards – Used for studying notes or making flash cards. Repetition certainly helps with learning and index cards are perfect for studying in a flash.
This is our top ten list, what items would be on your top 10 list. Comment below or visit us on Facebook.