It's the Teletubbies 20th Anniversary!
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the Teletubbies! Can you believe they've been giving big hugs and tubby-tastic fun for two decades? To celebrate this amazing milestone, here are 20 reasons why we love the Teletubbies!
- Children all around the world love Teletubbies! The series has been translated into 45 languages and over 33 million DVDs have been sold!
- Not only is it fun, the series has been given a thumbs up from children’s experts saying that the programme is great for children’s communication and language skills!
- Everybody loves Tubby Custard!
- Children can always count on the Teletubbies – did you know that before the 2014 reboot, 365 episodes were made so children could enjoy a different show on every day of the year?
- They are cool enough to have their own day on March 28th AKA Teletubbies Day!
- In 2007 they were given their own keys to New York - if that’s not rock n roll then we don’t know what is?!
- They celebrate diversity and promote self-expression
- Taylor Swift was a fan of the original series, meaning it must be cool!
- They rub shoulders with celebs and were most recently spotted on The One Show with Holly Willoughby
- It’s all so cute… the Sun Baby, the laughter, the giggles!
- They have a UK number 1 single called Say Eh-Oh which was released in December 2007!
- They’re educational! Kids can learn colours, numbers, shapes and so much more.
- They’re nostalgic! Everyone has early memories of the Teletubbies from all those years ago!
- Noo-noo is so cheeky!
- It might be their 20th anniversary but the Teletubbies never age – we want to know their secret!
- They’re musical and can inspire kids to learn how to play an instrument!
- Teletubbies are super cuddly! Check out the plush toys here!
- Their fun phrases! ‘Tubby Bye Bye’ and ‘Big Hugs’!
- Each Teletubby has a different personality; Tinky Winky is a dreamer, Dipsy loves to dance, Laa-Laa is energetic, and Po is cute but feisty!
- That Tubby Toast always lands directly on the Tubby Plates!
What do you and your children love about the Teletubbies? Share your Teletubbies stories with us @ukmumstv!