Let’s make some Bear Hunt cookies!
The new We’re Going on a Bear Hunt DVD has been released and you simply can’t sit down to watch this film without a treat! So why not get the kids involved and make some Bear Hunt cookies first?
You will need:
- 225g softened butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- Chocolate buttons
- Chocolate icing in ready-made piping pens
- Begin by preheating your oven to 170 degrees (C).
- Whilst the oven is heating up, take your butter and sugar and cream them together in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it all together until it forms a dough
- Separate the dough into small sized balls and flatten them on a baking tray, ensuring you leave space in between each one.
- Bake the cookies in the over for approx. 15 minutes until they’re golden brown, then remove and let them cool on the counter for a further 15 minutes.
- Once cool, recruit your little ones to decorate the cookies with a bear face or paw. Use the chocolate buttons for eyes and get creative with the icing pens!
Don’t worry if you have little time, you can recreate a bear hunt cookie with just chocolate buttons, icing and ready-made shortcake or digestive biscuits.
Now they’re ready to eat so put your feet up and play the We’re Going on a Bear Hunt DVD!