TalkTalk creates a TV Remote for little hands!
Exciting launch news! The brand new TalkTalk Kids Remote is available from Friday 4th August!
It’s something many of us parents know too well, you quickly have to leave the room and when you return the kids have seized the TV remote and chaos follows. Suddenly Peppa Pig is no longer on the screen, favourite recordings have been deleted from the box or a setting you’ve never seen before has been activated. But now that can be a thing of the past, thanks to the revolutionary new TalkTalk TV Kids Remote.
A first-of-its-kind, the TalkTalk TV Kids Remote has been designed exactly to combat both parents’ and children’s frustrations with standard TV remotes. One press of the unique remote locks children instantly into a new Kids Zone, featuring on-demand episodes of popular kids shows such as Paw Patrol, PJ Masks, Peppa Pig and Fireman Sam.
Once in the Kids Zone, little hands can easily navigate their favourite shows and are unable to leave without adult intervention.
The TalkTalk TV Kids Remote has a one-off cost of £5 (batteries included) and the Kids TV Boost is available on a rolling contract for £5 a month.
The unique benefits of the TalkTalk TV Kids Remote are:
Secure and Customisable
• Once in the Kids Zone children are unable to return to the normal EPG unless a code is entered via the main TV remote
• The Kids Zone can be customised both on set up and at any time using the main remote
• Parents are able to hide shows if they do not want their child watching it or want to encourage children to try something new after hearing the same programme on repeat for days
Defined Viewing Hours and Bedtime Setting
• Viewing hours can be set up for the Kids Zone which includes a bedtime setting
• Five minutes before bedtime a ‘sleepy head’ icon will appear on screen with a countdown to prepare children that the TV is going to sleep
• The bedtime setting takes into consideration time left on the episode being watched to either stretch the five minutes or shorten, ensuring the programme can finish to avoid any upset
• The bedtime setting can also be activated at any time to help prep children for naps or regular bedtime can be cancelled if kids need to be kept up later than usual via the main TV remote
• By setting viewing hours the Kids Zone will remain ‘asleep’ outside of these. So if a child finds their way to the TV set outside of hours and presses the TalkTalk Kids TV Remote, only the bedtime screen will show to let the child know that the TV has gone to sleep
• Little hands can navigate the Kids Zone easily by simply scrolling left or right on the remote to choose a show
• A simple click on the central button lets them then select the programme and episode they wish to watch
• The circular design of the remote ensures it works no matter what direction a child is holding it in
Designed by Kids for Kids
• The remote took over a year to develop and more than 60 school children were consulted over the design and functionality of the remote
• All of the colours used on the remote were voted as ‘favourite’ colours by children and the remote was rigorously tested to ensure its durability and ease of use for little hands
For more information and to purchase the TalkTalk TV Kids Remote visit: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/