Top Parks for a Strolly Good Ride
Summer may be over but autumn is a great time to take to the outdoors. Parks offer budding walkers and little cyclists the freedom to enjoy the great open green spaces. They are also ideal for exploring on wheels! Get your kids in the saddle, or the stroll and take in the scenic views with our pick of the top parks for families to visit in the UK!
1. Alexandra Park, Bath: With panoramic views across the entire city of Bath, Alexandra Park serves up awe-inspiring vistas. The park’s tucked away from the city bustle, but the hill top site means families can still enjoy the sights and scenery as they stroll.
2. Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath: Soak up London’s skyline from Parliament Hill. There’s plenty of open green space for enjoying a walk or cycle, plus landmarks including the Shard and London Eye can be seen on a clear day! It’s a great vantage point for seeing the capital city.
3. Jesmond Dene, Newcastle: Located just outside the city of Newcastle, Jesmond Dene stretches over 3 kilometres and is bursting with native wildlife. The valley also offers plenty of activities for the family, including a resident pet’s corner, a play park and educational areas.
There are plenty of other beautiful parks to visit around the UK, it’s important that when out for a walk you are well equipped so you can enjoy your time to the full. Here are out must takes when out for a stroll!
• Water – for you and for the little ones! It is important to stay hydrated when out and about
• Snacks – any parent will know the power of snacks! Perfect for stopping any rumbly bellies or temper tantrums!
• A favourite toy – If you decide to stop for a coffee or picnic taking something to keep little hands and mind busy is important.
• Sun cream – The UK might not always be sunny but emergency sun cream is a must for any sudden break throughs.
• Blanket/layers – more likely that sunny break throughs, take a blanket or extra clothing for if the weather takes a cooler turn.
• Your Strolly – A Yvolution Strolly can make a long walk a lot easier for little legs, not only that but it’s a lot easier for mum or dad to push than it is to carry a tired child!
The Yvolution Strolly range couldn’t offer a more perfect solution for family days out. Do you and your family have a favourite park for a stroll? Let us know over on Facebook and Twitter or in the comment box below!