Upcycling with your kids!
We know it can be hard to be creative with your kids, so try our handy upcycling ideas to help you on your way! We’ve taken a look at some ideas to help you create cool activities using items that you will find at home. Some will require some additional decorating…but we’re sure you’ll have all the items you need, if not, be creative and add in your own unique ideas!
We’d like to think that summer is just around the corner, but anytime is really a good time for a homemade bubble blower! This upcycled toy is easy to make and you are likely already have the materials. Make your kids a bubble blower to play with outdoors or bring it inside for a new level of fun at bath time.
Materials you’ll need:
- Empty plastic bottle
- Rubber band
- Washing Up Liquid
- Cut the bottom off of you plastic bottle.
- Trace out the bottom of the bottle on the flannel and leave an inch or so overlap for the rubber band.
- Affix the cloth to the cut plastic bottle using the rubber band.
- Mix 2 parts washing up liquid to 1 part water.
- Dip the cloth part of your new bubble blower into the bubble mixture and start blowing.
Kick off the good times by asking everyone how long they can make their bubble snakes. Let the good times roll!