Uptown Funk named UK’s biggest-selling 2015 hit
The biggest-selling song of 2015 has been named as Mark Ronson’s “Uptown Funk”, despite it being released at the end of 2014. The Official Charts Company has revealed that the song gained a total of 1.76 million in combined sales. The song managed to stay in the UK Top 40 for 39 weeks and was number one for seven weeks from December 2014.
Second spot in the 2015 best-selling chart went to OMI’s song “Cheerleader” with combined sales of 1.52 million. Hozier’s “Take Me To Church” completed the top three in third place with a combined sales total of 1.25 million, after spending 20 weeks climbing up the charts. The song, however, is the only one in the top five best-sellers that failed to reach the number one spot in the UK charts, peaking only at number two.
Despite only being released in October 2015, Adele’s “Hello” managed to reach sixth place on the list, just behind “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding in fourth and “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth in fifth.
Here’s a list of the top ten best-sellers of 2015:
1. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars
2. Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) - OMI
3. Take Me To Church - Hozier
4. Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
5. See You Again - Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth
6. Hello - Adele
7. Lean On - Major Lazer ft MO & DJ Snake
8. Hold Back The River - James Bay
9. What Do You Mean - Justin Bieber
10. Sorry - Justin Bieber