Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
A Quick Fish Dish for Summer
Do you fancy rustling up a quick but delicious fish dish this summer? We’ve picked this quick Fish o’Leekie recipe from the BBC Good Food website for you to try. Preparation takes just seven minutes but allow 20 minutes cooking time.
• 1 leek, finely sliced
• 500ml vegetable stock
• 300g basmati rice
• 500g cod, or haddock fillet, skinned and cut into large chunks
• Handful of parsley, roughly chopped
• Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
1. Put the leek in a large microwave dish with 4 tbsp of the stock. Cover the dish with cling film, pierce the film with a knife, then microwave on High for 5 minutes.
2. Uncover the dish, then stir the rice and remaining stock into the leek. Re-cover with cling film, pierce and microwave on High for another 10 minutes, stirring halfway through until the rice is very nearly cooked.
3. Gently stir in the fish chunks, cover the dish with cling film again, then pierce and cook for a further 5 minutes until the fish flakes easily and the rice is tender. Stir in the parsley, lemon zest and juice. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
The Saucy Fish Co.
For an ultra quick fish dish, why not try the Saucy Fish Co. which offers ready-cooked fish for eating on the go. The ‘Ready to Enjoy’ range includes salmon dressed in Sicilian lemon with dill mayonnaise; salmon in lime and coriander dressing; and salmon in tomato and chilli chutney, all perfect for picnics and for adding to salads!