Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Best afterschool winter dishes for your little ones
As parents we all know how selective our Kids can be when it comes to dinner time, I’ve found that giving them freshly cooked meals with a decent amount of flavour works very well and if you opt for dishes such as curries, pasta and casseroles you can hide in all those essential vegetables that growing kids need.
Below is of my kids favourite winter dishes and each week I will be adding to this page with another of their top dishes.
Beans & Sausages - 4 people
Now this sounds simple and actually it is but uses a few more ingredients then just a can of baked beans and a load of pork sausages
12 good quality pork sausages (you can mix this up with other types including frankfurters)
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of mixed beans
Tin of baked beans
1 Chopped carrot
1 crushed Garlic
Teaspoon of Sugar
One loaf of Tiger Bread
How to make:
1. Fry off the sausages
2. Using a casserole type dish transfer your sausages and then add all the remaining ingredients in one go
3. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for around 15 mins
4. At this point have a taste and if the tomato sauce is a bit strong then add in some sugar/ honey to taste
5. Once your happy with the flavours take off the heat and serve up in bowls
6. Slice up the tiger bread cover with butter and tuck in and enjoy!