Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Best Non Alcoholic Summer Drink Recipes
If you’re not a fan of alcoholic drinks or you just want to cut down the calories for summer, why not relax in the lighter evenings with a glass of our favourite non-alcoholic drinks.
1. Mojito Mocktail
‘A refreshing, summery cocktail for the designated driver’
• 1tbsp sugar
• Small bunch of mint
• Juice of 3 limes
• Soda water
1. Muddle the sugar with leaves from the mint using a pestle and mortar (or use a small bowl and the end of a rolling pin)
2. Put a handful of crushed ice into two tall glasses. Divide the lime juice between the glasses with the mint mix. Add a straw and top up with soda.
2. Virgin Peach Daiquiri Punch
‘Tropical banana and pineapple flavours combined with peach flavours for a sensational punch’
• 1 x (12oz) frozen pineapple and banana juice concentrate, thawed
• 1 x (10oz) frozen peach daiquiri concentrate, thawed
• 3 cups of cold water
• 2 ½ cups of peach flavoured schnapps or orange juice
• 2 bottles club soda, chilled
• Crushed ice
1. In a non-metal container or punch bowl, combine chilled concentrates, water and peach schnapps/orange juice and blend well.
2. Just before serving, gently stir in club soda. Serve over crushed iced and garnish as desired.
3. Non-Alcoholic Tropical Fizz
‘The perfect thirst quencher for a summer drinks party and its alcohol free!’
• Handful of strawberries, hulled and halved
• 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
• 2 pineapple rings, chopped
• Sparkling apple juice
• Tropical fruit juice
• Soda water
1. Fill eight glasses with a mixture made up of strawberries, kiwi fruit and pineapple rings. Fill the glasses with equal amounts of chilled sparkling apple juice, chilled tropical fruit juice and chilled soda water.
2. Serve immediately.