Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Big Taste Test: Party Drinks
It’s almost Christmas Day and that means it’s time for making sure the wine chiller and alcohol cabinet is well stocked! As a bare minimum, there should be bubbles for toasting, then a choice of red and white wines. And don’t forget the ales! Why not check out our top pick of party tipples for inspiration. You’ll find something to suit everyone’s taste. Cheers!
1. Monsigny Brit Champagne Aldi £9.99. As a critic recently said, “It’s hard to beat this fizz… exactly the kind of zesty refreshment you want from a top bottle of quenching bubbly.
2. St Peters Merry Elf Christmas Beer: £2.19. One of a great range of Christmas beers, Merry Elf is Dark and fruity with deliciously festive spicy flavours.
3. Finest Prosecco Valdobbiadene Doc: £9.00. As good if not better than any expensive champagne.
4. Crabbies Mulled Ginger Wine: £6.99. The warm way to enjoy a ginger tipple this Christmas. Lovely after a stint of Carol singing!
5. Luscombe Drinks Damascene Rose Bubbly. Around £12 for 6 Booze free but oh so grown up, we love the fresh but sophisticated flavour of this glass of bubbly.
6. Morrisons LBV Port: £10.50. The perfect finish to any meal and has a smooth finish of ports far more expensive.