Gossip and Entertainment Mum
Have you heard the latest? Thankfully our Gossip Mum has! With her ear to the ground and her eyes focused firmly on her Twitter-feed, she's just dying to tell you about the latest celebrity gossip, rumours and all that juicy stuff you want to know.
Celebrity April Fool’s Day Pranks!
So it’s 1st April, the day when, for the morning at least, we read everything and treat everyone with a great deal of scepticism! Is this for real, we ask? Some jokes are easy to see through, but others certainly do catch people out! Here are some of our favourites from last year:
1. Game of Thrones star Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson, who portrays The Mountain, joined in the fun, releasing a fake commercial for his own brand of sparkling water. In dumbbell-shaped bottles he said that if consumers couldn’t pick up the bottles, weighing 2 kg, 5 kg or 10 kg, then you can’t drink. “You die,” he adds. Nice!
2. Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg announced that he was taking a break from the internet to start his own fashion line, teaming up with H&M to launch a collaboration featuring his signature look – a grey t-shirt and pair of jeans! The collection’s tagline read “One less thing to think about in the morning”, poking fun at his previous comment on his low-key look. He’s got a point!
3. Professor Green joined in the fun, with the rapper tweeting that he would be changing his name as part of a ‘pivotal’ new deal with PG Tips. He tweeted “As part of the most pivotal deal in my career with @PTtips Green Tea, I’m changing my name to ‘Professor Green Tea’.” Anyone taken in by this?
4. IKEA USA also got in on the act as it introduced mood furniture which it said would change colour with your emotions! “Introducing #IKEA mood furniture that changes colors with your emotions! Available 4/1/16 only. #AprilFools” Even without the hashtag, the date rather gives this one away!
5. Perhaps one of the best pranks was back in 2014, when Metro announced that national treasures Ant and Dec had split after falling out, coincidentally in a north London branch of IKEA, with Dec reinventing himself as ‘Dec’. Really? How dare they?! The entire UK Awards scene would be up in arms!
Are you planning any April Fool’s pranks this year? Or have you been caught out by any? If so, let us know over on Facebook or Twitter.