Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Chargrilled Courgettes & Salmon Recipe
Check out this warm salad with crisp leaves and chargrilled salmon. It’s perfect for serving on a balmy August evening with your family!
Warm Salad of Chargrilled Courgettes & Salmon
4 tbsp fruity olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2tsp dried herbes de Provence
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 baby courgettes (200g pack) each cut in half lengthways
2 pieces of skinless salmon fillet
85g bag herb salad, to serve
For the dressing
3 tbsp fruity olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grainy mustard
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1. Make the dressing. Measure the ingredients into a jug or a screw topped jar, season to taste then whisk or shake to mix. Set aside.
2. Now mix the olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and garlic in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the courgette halves in this marinade until they’re thoroughly coated.
3. Heat a ridged griddle pan until very hot but not smoking, or use a good non-stick frying pan instead. Sear the courgettes in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until just softened, with dark stripes. Remove and set aside.
4. Put the stripes of salmon into the remaining marinade in the dish and toss to coat, then chargrill on the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until just cooked.
5. To serve, divide the salad leaves between two plates and lay the courgettes and salmon on top. Re-whisk the dressing and drizzle over everything. Serve all at once.