Master of all things fashionable - Stylish Mum is on hand with the latest beauty and fashion tips, trends and tricks for helping us all look gorgeous, without spending a fortune and with only five minutes to spare!
We all have parts of our face that we would like to be smaller, skinnier or more prominent. With the help of a few makeup tips and tricks you can get the chiselled jaw, button nose or peachy cheeks you’ve always wanted.
1. Start by applying your usual foundation or BB cream. This should be a light covering, in a colour that is as close to your skin tone as possible, as you are going to add more layers on top.
2. Follow the picture and start with the dark sections first- no blending yet, just add the colour. Any areas you want to be smaller or ‘shrunken’ should be dark.
3. Add the highlighter. This should be almost white in colour for the best effect. Adding highlighter in the areas seen in the picture will smooth your forehead; give you plump lips and a slim nose. TIP add your highlighter in a triangle shape under your eyes rather than the usual dots or swoosh, for the best chase of hiding dark circles.
4. Blend. Using a buffing motion with a brush or even your fingers, start by blending the lighter section first, then blend in the dark patches. Be sure not to drag the makeup across your face as this will ruin the contouring sections.
5. Finish with a layer of loose powder to set the makeup, again being careful not to drag.
Why not Tweet us pictures of your contouring attempts! @ukmumtv