Master of all things fashionable - Stylish Mum is on hand with the latest beauty and fashion tips, trends and tricks for helping us all look gorgeous, without spending a fortune and with only five minutes to spare!
Dare to Bare – Make up or not!
The topic of a make-up free face, whether it’s a celebrity who’s been seen without their slap or a worldwide campaign of a #nomakeupselfie is definitely one that is always high on the agenda.
Celebrities often make the news on for venturing without their make-up – so why are we so obsessed with a face without war paint and should we all be a little more open minded to going au natural? Let’s take a look at the pro’s and con’s of a make-up free face.
1. You can have an extra 20 minutes in bed in the morning - now this one we like.
2. You skin will feel better – it will have chance to breath without pores full of foundation.
3. You may be surprised by the results – lots of people often say they prefer a woman without a face full of make-up as they can see their natural beauty – so embrace those freckles and you might just get a date in the process.
4. Think of the money you’ll save not having to buy all those expensive products
1. You may feel a little self-conscious at first – but we’re assured by the people already donning the no make-up look that this feeling will fade.
2. People may start telling you look tired, rundown and even ill. (I know, I even get this off my mother when I don’t wear make-up) But to be honest you (and they) will get used to it, it’s only because it’s such a shock seeing you without it.
3. …. Honestly, I can’t think of a 3rd!
So what are your thoughts on this? We’d love to hear from you if you have made a conscious effort to give up make-up or could never imagine going without it in a million years!