"Are we there yet, mum?"
Whether she's enjoying the English countryside, jetsetting or trying to navigate an airport with kids and four suitcases in tow, Travel Mum knows her way around the globe and is on hand to help us all have stress-free travels.
Easy Weekends in the UK
Now that the school summer holidays are over, your main holiday is perhaps already a dim distant memory, yet it is a shame not to take advantage of the late summer/early autumn weather if it is still good and have a short getaway. So, why not take off for the weekend? Here are some of our favourite places:
1. Center Parcs – With six forest locations to choose from throughout the UK, you can enjoy a short family adventure, staying in luxury lodges and taking part in the many activities available. Take a look here for more information.
2. Haven Holidays – Another favourite is Haven. With plenty of family entertainment and 36 holiday parks around the country, there is bound to be one near you for a fabulous weekend away.
3. Blackpool Illuminations - Children of all ages love to visit Blackpool Illuminations and this year, they will be on from 2nd September to 6th November. With plenty of other attractions to see as well, Blackpool is a perennial favourite with everyone, young and old! For lots of information on what’s happening this year, including the fabulous ‘switching on’ party, visit the Blackpool Illuminations’ website here. And if you need any help with accommodation, go to booking.com – hundreds of places to stay to suit all budgets and accommodation types – but best be quick! From past experience, everywhere gets booked up very quickly.
4. Greatlittlebreaks – This site offers breaks for all occasions and all interests, from spa and luxury breaks to heritage, city and coastal breaks, as well as others. Is there somewhere you have always fancied visiting in the UK? Well, with plenty of ideas for a weekend away, why not check here for inspiration?
5. Treatwell - Maybe, now you’ve gone through the ‘back to school’ stress (and expense!) perhaps you fancy (and deserve!) a spa break? There are hundreds of locations to choose from, all offering day, overnight or weekend packages to help you unwind. For a comprehensive list of spa breaks available around the country, visit treatwell and get that relaxing indulgence booked today!
We hope that the above will give you some inspiration for weekends away – if you have a particular favourite, then please remember to share it with us.