Master of all things fashionable - Stylish Mum is on hand with the latest beauty and fashion tips, trends and tricks for helping us all look gorgeous, without spending a fortune and with only five minutes to spare!
Frizz Alert! Tame that mane
Frizz is caused by a lack of moisture in your hair, but humidity can also contribute to it. Here are out top tips to tame the frizz this summer.
1. Choose a sulfate-free, glycerin-packed shampoo. Look for one with glycerin high up in the ingredient list (the closer ingredients are to the top of the list, the more concentrated they are), it helps combat frizz by penetrating the hair shaft and hydrating it from the inside out
2. Don't skip conditioner. It's all about depositing moisture in your hair, or else the cuticle will open up to let moisture in and turn your hair from smooth to frizzy. So, look for hydrating ingredients like shea butter.
3. Twice a week, only use conditioner on your hair instead of shampooing it. You might think your hair needs to be shampooed several times a week, but it doesn't. Every two days, apply conditioner instead of shampoo and then rinse it out. Conditioner will clean it without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
4. Let your hair dry 90 percent of the way before you blow-dry. Too much hot air focused directly on your strands dehydrates it, making it frizzy.
5. De-frizz wavy hair by putting it in a bun after it's dry or defining your waves with a curling iron. After you've shampooed, conditioned, and applied the dry oil from ends to midshaft, blow-dry your hair, and either put it in a bun if you want looser waves or define your curls with curling tongs, the heat will keep the frizz at bay.
6. After drying use cool air. Once you’re done blow-drying use the cool setting on the dryer to close your cuticles and keep frizz at bay.