Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Frozen Berry and Ginger Nut Yoghurt Pops
We tried this recipe from BBC Good Food and couldn’t resist sharing it with you. A great healthy alternative to ice creams and just as tasty!
• 100g ginger nut biscuit
• 405g can light condensed milk
• 250g red berries, we used strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants
• 500g pot 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
• 250g purple berries, we used blueberries, blackberries and blackcurrants
• 8 paper cups
• 8 wooden lolly sticks
1. Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz into crumbs. Add 2 tbsp condensed milk and blend again until the crumbs start to clump together. Divide the biscuit crumbs between 8 paper cups, pressing down with the back of a spoon. Make sure you scrape out every last crumb and then you won’t have to wash the processor before the next step.
2. Roughly chop any large berries. Put half the red berries, half the remaining condensed milk and half the yogurt into the food processor and blend until smooth. Remove the blade from the processor and stir through the remaining chopped red berries. Divide the mixture between 4 of the paper cups. Repeat with the purple berries and remaining ingredients.
3. Place a lolly stick into each cup, pushing down into the biscuit base to help it stand up straight. Freeze for at least 4 hrs before serving. To remove the lollies from the cups, tip upside down and gently squeeze the cup until the lolly slips out.