Master of all things fashionable - Stylish Mum is on hand with the latest beauty and fashion tips, trends and tricks for helping us all look gorgeous, without spending a fortune and with only five minutes to spare!
Geltastic - Best Gel Nail Colours
With spring upon us and summer approaching, it’s time for your nails to be spruced up a little. With our top picks of gel polishes, you can be sure your nails are glistening with glamour for the warmer weather.
Requires a UV light
1. Gelish - Our favourite combination is “Light Elegance” with a layer of “Ambience” over the top. This gives a lovely, pearly light pink shimmer and is perfect for any skin type. The contrast is so pretty and does just the job for the lighter months.
2. Sensationail - “Lavender Moonshine” from Sensationail is great for either a day or night out. With its lavender and dark pink glitter this nail polish will be sure to catch people’s eyes.
3. Shellac - Maybe you want to go for something a little brighter and more eye catching? Why not try the striking red “Wild Fire” from Shellac! Not only is this eye catching but also very glam.
Doesn’t require a UV light
4. Essie - We love the “Nail Bouncer It’s Me!” electric blue nail polish. To make it look a little more gel like, why not use Essie’s “Gel Setter” polish to achieve the gel look.
5. Sally Hansen - With up to 14 days of shine, ‘Miracle Gel’s’ “Let’s Get Digital” nail polish colour is a lovely two tone metallic pink and blue contrast. Top it off with Miracle Gel’s 2x Volume Top Coat and this will do just the trick.
6. Barry M - Everyone loves ‘Gelly Hi Shine’ from Barry M! We love this ‘Prickly Pear’ lilac nail polish colour.
We would love to see your favourite gel colours and nail art - tag us in your pictures on Facebook or tweet us @UKMums.tv!