Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Get the BBQ on!
As the warm weather is approaching we thought we should get everybody in the summer festival spirit by bringing you a tasty burger recipe that you can try out!
The Big Burger
This burger is sure to fill up even the hungriest of barbecue lovers!
• 800g Minced Steak
• Olive oil
• 1 Large red onion
• White vinegar
• 2 large gherkins
• 4 burger buns
• 4 – 8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
• Any toppings you desire e.g. cheese, sauces, mayonnaise etc.
1. Divide your minced steak into four.
2. With wet hands, make each piece into a patty, try to make them all the same size
3. Place them on an oiled plate and chill it in the fridge.
4. Now what you want to do is slice the red onion and add to a bowl. Dress this with vinegar and sea salt
5. Next, slice the gherkins
6. Halve the burger buns
7. Now you want to chop up your lettuce and mix it with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add your desired sauces and seasoning.
8. Put your burgers into the first pan, have it on high heat and press down on them
9. At the same time, use a second frying pan on medium heat for the bacon
10. Add your chosen oil and seasoning and after one minute, flip the burgers
11. Cook for one more minute
12. Now, your burger should be ready, along with some bacon. Place these inside the buns with your desired toppings and it is ready to eat.
13. Repeat steps 8 – 12 for the other two burgers.
(Source - http://www.jamieoliver.com)