Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Our Favourite Sundae's
Naughty Chocolate Sundae
1. To Make the Sauce: Melt the chocolate with the butter (you can do this in the mircowave) until there are no lumps. Remember to stir this while heating.
2. Once melted, leave to cool for 5 minutes and then swirl in the cream. If mixture curdles- add more cream. Sift in the icing sugar and stir.
3. When ready to use- put this mixture into a pan and add the syrup. Heat this and stir until the sauce is pourable and add to the sundae (below)
4. Sundae: Put the ingredients into large wine glasses or sundae bowls, varying different layers in. Fill to the top.
5. Pour the warm sauce over the top and spinkle afew biscuit crumbs on top. Serve warm.
Recipe form The BBC Good Food Website
1. Place 2 sundae glasses into the freezer.
2. Tip the pecan nuts into a dry pan and toast over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Cool and then roughly Chop.
3. Crumble the biscuits in a small bowl. Chop the bananas into chunks. Whip the cream to soft peaks then stir in the yoghurt.
4. Drizzle half the caramel around the insides of the glasses. Tumble in some of the biscuits and nuts, a few slices of banana and top with the ice cream. Add the remaining caramel, nuts, biscuits and banana and finish with a blob of the creamy mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Carnation