Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
How to use your Christmas Dinner leftovers
As anyone will know following Christmas Day, there’s always a pile of turkey and roasted veg leftover. Here at UKMumstv we’ve found some great recipes for your Christmas dinner leftovers and below is certainly one of our favourites.
Jumbo turkey samosas
Use up leftover cooked potatoes and turkey in these spiced filo pastry parcels, then serve with tangy mango chutney
- 3 tbsp curry paste (we used korma)
- 2 tbsp mango chutney, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt from a 150g pot (serve the remainder)
- 200g leftover cooked potatoes (roasted or boiled are fine), chopped into small chunks
- 250g cooked turkey or chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 250g frozen peas
- 270g pack filo pastry (6 sheets)
- bunch coriander, chopped, plus a few leaves picked to serve
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl, combine the curry paste, mango chutney and 2 tbsp yogurt, and mix. Fold in the potatoes, turkey, peas and coriander, then season well.
2. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the sheets of filo in half lengthways so you have 12 strips – keep the pastry covered with a tea towel while you work so it doesn’t dry out. Layer up 3 sheets of filo, brushing a little oil between each sheet. Pile a quarter of the filling in the top corner of the pastry in a triangle shape. Fold the pastry over to encase the filling, then keep folding until the parcel is sealed and the filo is used up. Brush the final edge with a little beaten egg to help stick the pastry together. Repeat to make all 4 jumbo samosas.
3. Lay your samosas on a baking sheet and brush each one with more beaten egg, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 35 mins or until the samosas are golden brown and the filling is piping hot. Serve with the remaining yogurt, some mango chutney and coriander leaves.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com