Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Lidl Recipe of the month- Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Mousse is great for a mid week pud or a dinner party dessert, and because its so easy to make and is versatile too it’s a winner every time.
Ingredients: Serves 4
• 175 g dark chocolate- this can be replaced for milk or white too! Try Bellarom dark chocolate from Lidl, it has the same great taste as premium chocolate bars but at half the price!
• 2 fresh eggs
• 100 g icing sugar
• 200 g whipping cream
• Fresh berries to serve- why not replace these with orange shavings
1. Break 150 g of the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a double boiler. Let it cool slightly.
2. Separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks and icing sugar for a few minutes until the mixture is thick and light in colour; add the melted chocolate.
3. Whip the cream until stiff and gradually fold it into the chocolate and egg mixture until you have an airy and light mousse.
4. Whip the egg white until stiff and also fold it in. Let the mousse rest in the fridge for approx 1 hour.
5. Peel curls from the remaining chocolate using a potato peeler. With a wet spoon cut portions from the mousse. Arrange on plates with the berries and garnish with chocolate curls.
For more great recipes visit Lidl's Website or head into store for their weekly offers and deals on baking ingredients