Gossip and Entertainment Mum
Have you heard the latest? Thankfully our Gossip Mum has! With her ear to the ground and her eyes focused firmly on her Twitter-feed, she's just dying to tell you about the latest celebrity gossip, rumours and all that juicy stuff you want to know.
Money Saving Tips for the Big Day
Do you ever wish you knew the secret behind buying gorgeous flowers without burying your budget? Or how to wow your guests with a gourmet meal without the staggering price tag? Now’s your chance with our top tips!
• Getting hitched on a Saturday will increase all costs. Moving your wedding to a Friday could make a few thousand pounds difference!
• Cutting the guest list will certainly slash your catering costs and will save on invitations, save the dates and even centrepieces!
• Taking your time when planning a wedding is a must as you could save a ton of money by researching more and more to find great deals.
• Have your ceremony and reception in the same place. This will cut travel time and prices for vendors you pay by the hour.
• A top tip for saving money when it comes to the reception is to have bigger tables, which means fewer centrepieces and tablecloths. Just as a rule of thumb; food, beverages and venue should account for about half of your budget.
• As “naked cakes” are in fashion at the moment, why not make your own wedding cake? This could save up to £500!
• Now to the flowers, flowers are more expensive than they look! To save money, use more greenery than flowers, you could even cut out the costly flowers or just stick to two kinds. Did you know that peonies can be five times more expensive than roses?
• We can’t forget the photos, music and videos! These are all a great expense for everyone at their wedding. Other than the venue this comes out as second most expensive on your must have wedding list. Why not hire a photographer and ask them if they have an associate shooter who will do your wedding for less? When it comes round to the entertainment, why not opt for a smaller band or hire a DJ who can do both the ceremony and reception.
• Most importantly, the dress! It’s every girl’s dream to look like a princess on their wedding day. There’s just one problem (as always) the budget! Not to worry though, you can (and will) find the dress of your dreams. Researching a dress before buying will help you to decide which style or styles you love. Don’t try on dresses over your budget, just don’t! You could even go to a bridal show; you may find the perfect dress for half the price.