Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Mother’s Day Meal Recipe
Treat Mum to a well-deserved break by cooking her a special Mothers’ Day meal. Nothing says ‘love you Mum’ more, so, to really spoil her, try out the tasty option below.
Lemon & herb chicken from Marley Spoon
Marley Spoon is a new service that delivers inspirational recipes and ingredients direct to your door. We tried out this recipe at home and give it a big thumbs up!
• 2 garlic cloves
• 10g fresh thyme
• 2 unwaxed lemons
• 3 chicken breasts
• 1kg new potatoes
• 2 fennel bulbs
• 3 celery sticks
• 20g fresh parsley
• Olive oil
• Salt, black pepper
1. Prepare ingredients - Heat oven to 200C/gas 7. Peel and chop the garlic. Pick the thyme leaves from their hard stalks. Zest and juice the lemons. Mix garlic, thyme, lemon zest and 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare chicken - Rinse and dry the chicken. Score the flesh and season with salt and pepper. Fill your kettle with water and boil.
3. Bake chicken - Place the chicken, scored side up, on a baking tray and spoon over the thyme mixture, including any oil left in the bowl. Bake for 10-15 mins, until golden and cooked through.
4. Cook potatoes - Meanwhile, fill your kettle with water and boil and cut the potatoes in half. Place in a large saucepan with a good pinch of salt. Cover with boiling water and boil for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain and leave in colander to release steam.
5. Prepare fennel - While the potatoes are cooking, remove the outer layer of the fennel bulbs. Thinly slice the fennel and place in a medium bowl with 2-3tbsp of the lemon juice. Generously season with salt and pepper and add a pinch of sugar. Leave to marinate whilst potatoes are cooking.
6. Mix salad - Thinly slice the celery. Pick and chop the parsley leaves. Add the cooked potatoes, celery, parsley and 1 tbsp oil to the bowl with the fennel mix. Plate up the chicken and pour the remaining juices left in the tray over the salad. Garnish with the fennel fronds.
If you would like to see more recipes from Marley Spoon then head over to their website here!