National Champagne Day
Fittingly, National Champagne Day falls on 31st December, right in time for you to welcome in the New Year. So, if you want to make a toast to 2016 with a glass of bubbly, here’s a pick of some of the best Champagne on offer!
• Bollinger Special Cuvee NV - £22.00 – Sainsbury’s
Produced with ingredients from the Champagne region, this Champagne bubbles beautifully and combines pear and brioche with spicy aromas!•
• Bredon Cuvée Jean Louis Brut NV - £14.99 - Waitrose
Exclusive to Waitrose, this offers a great blend of Pinot grapes and Chardonnay which makes for a smooth and vibrant finish!
• Henri Cachet Champagne Brut - £18.00 – Asda
A well balanced Champagne that is fruity and citrusy, topped off with refreshing hints of vanilla creating a lovely smooth taste!
• Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial NV - £29.99 – Laithwaite’s Wine
An excellent quality Champagne with a fine, creamy mousse, encased in an elegant box that is sure to make you feel extra special!
• Mercier Brut Champagne NV - £22.50 – The Champagne Company
This lively Champagne is fruity and fresh and combines wines from this year’s harvest with previous years’ to provide an intense taste!