Gossip and Entertainment Mum
Have you heard the latest? Thankfully our Gossip Mum has! With her ear to the ground and her eyes focused firmly on her Twitter-feed, she's just dying to tell you about the latest celebrity gossip, rumours and all that juicy stuff you want to know.
National Play Day!
Playday is the national day for play in the UK, traditionally held on the first Wednesday in August so for 2015, will take place on 5th August.
On this day thousands of children and their families have fun at hundreds of community events across the UK. From small-scale events to thousands of children taking over Trafalgar Square – Playday is celebrated in many different ways.
As well as a celebration of children's right to play, Playday is a campaign that highlights the importance of play in children’s lives.
For example, in a world where children are increasingly having to follow instructions and abide by adult-imposed rules, creative play allows children to be in control. This is a really important time for children as it helps them make decisions, boosts confidence and enables them to experiment and explore ideas that they have in their incredibly fertile minds.
So, this National Playday we bring you some fun ideas to play with the children;
1. Check out the the Playday website – www.playday.org.uk for lots of fun ideas
2. Have a box of scrap materials and ‘junk’ that can be used creatively - up cycling is a new vogue and children can enjoy finding new, creative used for old things around the house.
3. Head to your local park with kids and have as much fun on the monkey bars as the children! Who says adults can’t play too.
4. If it’s a wet day, why not get those creative juices flowing and spend the afternoon painting, colouring or drawing. You can make it a fun game by having to guess what each other has drawn.
5. Build a den! A favourite pastime for generations and will ensure hours of fun – and best of all, it’s free!