Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Our Favourite English Food and Drink
As it’s nearly St George’s Day, we thought we’d bring you a pick of some of the great food and drink that our country has to offer!
1. Higgidy Pies - Nothing says England like a pie and if you’re not confident making your own, why not try one of Higgidy’s tasty, quintessentially British pies! There are some great flavours to choose from including British Beef, Stilton and Sussex Ale and Chicken with Ham and Leek.
2. Cheshire Farm Potatoes - These classic English roast potatoes, wedges and chips straight from the Cheshire Farm fields are crispy and tasty. They’re great for serving with any meal, especially a traditional Sunday roast dinner!
3. Waitrose Seriously Victoria Sponge Sandwich - You won’t come across a more English dessert than a Victoria Sponge and this one from Waitrose is delicious! Filled with raspberry jam and Cornish buttercream, the whole family are sure to want to tuck in.
4. Union Jack Champagne - Whilst Champagne is not an English drink, this one has been stamped with the Union Jack and can even be personalised. The Champagne itself is high quality and would make the perfect gift for a special occasion.
5. Tarquin’s Gin - This is a Cornish dry gin that perfectly captures the essence of the English coast. It’s best served in a Martini and the smooth texture ensures that you’ll want to go back and have another sip or two!
6. Three Choirs English House Wine - A white wine from Gloucestershire that is distinctly English. It has a crisp, dry finish, pairs perfectly with pastas and salads and is excellent value at just £8.99!