Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Here at UKMums.tv we are always looking to learn more about food. We have recently been introduced to a whole world of vegetables we never knew existed and decided we would like to pass our new found knowledge on to you lovely readers!
Less Accessible Vegetables
1. Romanesco - A member of the cauliflower family and an excellent source of Vitamin C and fibre, this spiralised vegetable is the perfect addition to any stir fry.
2. Nopales - The succulent flesh of a certain type of cactus. Popular in Mexico, this is often used as a meat substitute in tacos.
3. Oca - A New Zealand yam that cooks just like a potato and is a great source of iron. You can buy oca plants and grow your own at home!
Posh Supermarket Vegetables
4. Candy and Golden Beetroot - Both sweeter than normal beetroot, these varieties are usually tolerated better by children and they look great too!
5. Purple Sprouts - This sweeter variety of sprout makes a great addition to any salad when cut in half, lightly roasted and tossed in lime and salt. We saw these in M&S over Christmas and loved them!
6. Artesian Tomatoes - Tesco Finest have a great range of artesian tomatoes including Rapture and Sugardrop that are perfect for fresh salads!