Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Ready Brek recipes perfect for your morning boost
Ready Brek is a breakfast that the whole family can enjoy from your 6 month old right up to grandparents! Everyone has their own delicious way of serving it and here we have compiled some of our favourite recipes to make with the kids.
- 100g Strawberries
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 tbsp Ready Brek Original
- 150ml Milk of your choice
Put the fruit into the blender and sprinkle over the Ready Brek Original, add the milk and blitz until well blended.
Ready Brek Cookies
- 5oz Butter
- 5oz Caster sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 4oz Ready Brek
- 3oz Self-raising flour
- 2oz Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 15 Squares of white chocolate (enough for 1 per cookie)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Put the cream, butter and sugar into a bowl and cream together until fluffy, add in the egg yolk and beat until well mixed.
- Add in the Ready Brek, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix together to create a dough.
- Separate the dough and roll into 15 equally sized balls, flatten each one and push a square of white chocolate into the middle and re-cover with the mixture.
- Place in the oven for approx. 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
See the whole recipe at http://mummyslittlestars.com/secret-ready-brek-cookies/
Ready Brek Pancakes
- 30g Ready Brek
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp sweetener
- 50ml of milk
- Beat the eggs, add the sweetener and Ready Brek and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually pour in your milk until you achieve a batter consistency.
- Fry the pancakes as you would a normal mix in a frying pan, not forgetting your best attempt at a pancake toss!
- Serve with your choice of toppings, maple syrup, bananas, fresh berries and enjoy!
See the whole recipe and pictures at https://laura94b.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/ready-brek-pancakes-amazing/