Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Everyone loves a dessert and you'd be lying if you said otherwise! Here’s a really simple recipe from BBC Good Food for one of our favourite puds here at UKMums.TV.
For the filling:
• 500g rhubarb - chopped into chunks the length of your thumb
• 100g golden caster sugar
• 3 tbsp port (optional)
For the crumble topping:
• 140g self-raising flour
• 85g butter - chilled
• 50g light brown muscovado sugar
• 50g chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Tip the rhubarb into a saucepan with the sugar and port (if using). Cover and simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes, adding more sugar if you want.
2. When soft (but still holding its shape) and sweet enough, pour the rhubarb into a medium baking dish.
3. Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. To make the topping, rub the flour and butter together with your fingers until you have a soft, crumbly topping.
4. Now add the sugar and the nuts, mixing together with your hands. Scatter the topping over the rhubarb and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
5. Serve piping hot with a big jug of thick vanilla custard or cream!