Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Salmon, dill and potato tart
This scrumptious smoked salmon tart is a lovely light alternative to a late Sunday lunch and is even ideal as part of an afternoon tea! It takes about 25 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes to cook and serves eight people.
300g ready-made shortcrust pastry
350g new potato, sliced
284ml pot single cream
3 tablespoons chopped dill, extra for sprinkling
Zest of 1 lime
200g pack smoked salmon, torn into strips
1. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
2. Roll out the pastry and line a shallow 28cm flan tin. Trim off the edges, then line with baking paper and beans. Put on a baking sheet, bake for 10 mins. Remove the paper and beans, then bake for 5 minutes more.
3. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes until tender, then drain.
4. Beat together the cream, eggs, dill, lime zest, salt and pepper.
5. Scatter half the potatoes over the bottom of the pastry case, then put half the salmon strips in the gaps. Pour over half the egg mix, then arrange the remaining potatoes over the salmon pieces and put the remaining salmon in the gaps between. Pour over the rest of the egg mix.
6. Bake for 25 mins until the top is lightly coloured and firm to the touch.
7. Cool for 10 mins before removing from the tin, then sprinkle with extra dill and serve, either warm or at room temperature, with a tossed green salad.