Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Salmon Ravioli Dish
Everybody loves Italian food! With this in mind, we have tried and tested a one off special Italian recipe for you to cook at home, buon appetito!
Heart-Shaped Salmon Ravioli with Orange, Fennel and Burrata Salad
Courtesy of Chef Simone Remoli, head chef and owner of Pasta Remoli
• 250g salmon
• 70g mascarpone
• Chopped parsley
• 2 spoons of parmesan
• Zest of ½ an orange
• Salt and pepper
• 300g plain flour
• 3 large eggs
• 3 egg yolks
• Pasta machine
• Small heart-shaped cutter
1. Mix the flour and eggs together one at a time until a dough forms. This can be done by hand or using a mixer. Wrap in cling film and rest in fridge until ready to use.
2. Place the salmon in the oven at 180⁰C for 10 minutes with salt, pepper and the zest of ½ an orange.
3. When the salmon is cool mix it together with the mascarpone, tarragon, sage and parmesan. Have a little taste of your mixture and season accordingly.
4. Take the pasta dough you prepared earlier and start to pass it through a pasta roller. Roll it as thin as you can, we recommend number 7. Make two separate sheets, one to cut the heart-shaped lids out of and one for the fillings (which will then be cut after).
5. Rest your heart-shaped cutter on top of your rolled-out pasta dough, so you know how much filling to put in. Normally it will be around half a spoonful. Scoop out half a spoon of the filling.
6. Place another sheet of pasta on top and press the cutter around each blob of filling. Apply a little egg yolk around the edges and seal the parcel.
7. Slice up half a fennel and pan fry in some oil. Add some thyme and plate it up!
8. Cook your ravioli in boiling water (and a drizzle of olive oil) for three minutes.
9. Drain after three minutes and place on top of the fennel with a couple of orange slices, hand ripped burrata and a pinch of paprika.
Eat. Drink. Love and Enjoy!