Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Spanish inspired recipe for you to try at home
Cooking from home can sometimes be a nightmare, especially when you have no idea what to cook. As it’s Spanish Week here at UKMums.tv, we thought we’d share our top recipe with you to cook straight from your home. Have fun!
Spanish meatballs with clams, chorizo and squid - BBC Good Food
Smoky pork meatballs go perfectly with the salty seafood. Enjoy with some crusty, thick bread!
• 25g butter
• 3 small shallots, diced
• 1 heaped tsp smoked Spanish paprika
• 3 garlic cloves, 2 crushed and 1 sliced
• 2 tbsp dry Sherry
• 50g fresh breadcrumbs
• 300g pork mince
• 1 egg yolk
• 50ml olive oil (for frying)
• 300g chorizo
• 300g cleaned squid
• 100ml white wine
• 300g chopped and squashed tomatoes
• 400g clams
• Handful flat-leaf parsley
• Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based casserole dish, then soften the shallots for 5 mins. Add the paprika and crushed garlic and cook for 1 min until the paprika becomes fragrant. Splash in the Sherry, then pour the whole lot into a bowl with the breadcrumbs. Season and cool.
2. Add the pork mince and the egg yolk to the bowl, and then beat well. Shape into 18 small meatballs. Wipe the pan, put on a medium-high heat, and then add the oil. Fry the meatballs for 5 mins, just to colour, then lift onto a plate, but keep the oil in the pan. Sizzle the chorizo with the sliced garlic. Add the squid and fry to give a little colour. Now tip in the white wine and bring to the boil, scraping the bottom. Stir in the pulped tomatoes, bring to the boil, and then add the meatballs and the clams. Cover and cook for 5 mins until the clam shells open. Discard any that stay shut. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, drizzle with the extra virgin oil, and then serve with crusty bread.
Relax and enjoy!