Master of all things fashionable - Stylish Mum is on hand with the latest beauty and fashion tips, trends and tricks for helping us all look gorgeous, without spending a fortune and with only five minutes to spare!
To Wax or Not To Wax- pros and cons of waxing for your summer holidays
When most people think of waxing the first thing that springs to mind is the pain associated with it. But from someone who has tried and tested this method of hair removal I can truly say that waxing is more uncomfortable than painful. But why do it?
An Argument for waxing
• Waxing leaves you free of lumps or bumps, and after the initial rash there wont be a mark in sight.
• You can safely put on a bikini at the drop of a hat knowing you’re hair free for weeks.
• Chances are you will feel neater/tidier/cleaner and for longer than with shaving,
• Hair will grow back thinner and slower each time you wax.
• Why the hell not?
An argument against
• Depending on your pain threshold it is uncomfortable, and has the potential to be fairly humiliating at times
• For those with sensitive skin waxing can cause rashes or light bruising. Especially in… delicate areas.
• Waxing fully down below is less hygienic - your hair is there for a reason, its protective.
• Shaving is arguably cheaper; if you wax regularly you can save around £30 a month.
• Waiting for your hair to be long enough really isn’t convenient for anyone.