Master of all things fashionable - Stylish Mum is on hand with the latest beauty and fashion tips, trends and tricks for helping us all look gorgeous, without spending a fortune and with only five minutes to spare!
With summer right around the corner, we have found some beautiful ideas to make your feet look every inch the part when out basking in the sunshine.
First things first…treat yourself to a pedicure! No-one like dead hard skin on their feet, so book yourself into your local beauty spa and have a luxury pedicure that will smooth our your skin and make your feet and toes look summer ready.
Or take a look at our tip tips on how to summarise your feet…
Here's a 20 minute pedicure to get your feet back into shape.
• Soak your feet in a warm sudsy tub (Epson salts and a couple of drops of essential oil works great) for about 10 minutes and pat dry.
• Using a pumice stone or buffing paddle, remove any rough areas. Massage cuticle area with a little oil or moisturizer; gently push back cuticles.
• Apply an exfoliator like St. Ives apricot scrub to shins, ankles and feet. If you want to use a homemade scrub, try sugar and olive oil. Massage to remove all that dead winter skin. Rinse in foot tub.
• Trim nails straight across. Don't go too short!
• If you have an extra 10 minutes, cover feet with heavy cream like Eucerin, Shea Butter, or Burt's Bees Foot Cream and wrap with plastic wrap. Apply a heating pad and wrap feet for a few minutes. Unwrap and wipe dry. Wipe nails and cuticles with rubbing alcohol to remove residue.
• Apply polish and wait until polish is set (dry to the touch) and then apply the top coat. Don't skip this step as it not only adds life to your pedicure, it will protect your nails as well.
• Tip: To keep your nail polish lid from sticking, rub it with a little Vaseline or cutical oil.
We love the idea of barefoot sandals! These cute jewellery items are worn around your ankles and second toe and look like little jewelled flip flops! Ideal for any barefoot activity!
Henna designs for feet are an extremely beautiful and exotic adornment to the female body symbolizing a point of divine contact, where a human being and the earth meet. When you are choosing to get a henna tattoo or mehndi on your feet be sure to choose carefully as there are so many beautiful designs out there that you want to be sure that it is something that you love.