"Are we there yet, mum?"
Whether she's enjoying the English countryside, jetsetting or trying to navigate an airport with kids and four suitcases in tow, Travel Mum knows her way around the globe and is on hand to help us all have stress-free travels.
Top 5 Weekend Days Out in January
That’s it then – Christmas is over for another year and it’s time to get back to normal, but you can still enjoy yourselves, even if it’s cold, miserable weather and the New Year’s resolutions are starting to bite!
UKMums.tv has been looking for ideas to help brighten up a gloomy and boring month and we hope that some of our suggestions will help inspire you.
1. We’re sure you deserve pampering after all your efforts over Christmas so, if you didn’t get that spa treatment voucher as a Christmas present, take a look at spabreaks.com for a comprehensive list of spa days and breaks available at wonderful locations all over the country. Go on, treat yourself – you know you deserve it!
2. If you’re in London on the 16th-17th January then Lumière London is a must-see. This is the biggest ever free light festival to hit the capital - international artists will illuminate the West End and King’s Cross areas of the city, transforming iconic architecture with 3D projections, interactive installations and other extraordinary light works. For more information, go to visitlondon.com/lumiere.
3. Perhaps you enjoy the theatre? If so, the Royal Shakespeare Company has some fab productions - the panto "Wendy & Peter Pan" will be running until the end of January. Or, David Tennant is in the title role of Shakespeare’s "Richard II". Maybe you’d prefer to see Roald Dahl’s "Matilda The Musical". Check out the RSC website for tickets and details of other productions.
4. If you’re not still watching the calories, then afternoon tea with family and/or friends is always a welcome treat. No matter where you live, there are some wonderful places to try out, so go to afternoontea.co.uk and find somewhere near you where you can take tea in style!
5. Trying to get the kids away from the TV, games consoles and iPads for a day? Check out dayoutwiththekids.co.uk for hundreds of brilliant ideas. Whatever the weather, whatever their age, there is a family friendly attraction just round the corner for a fun day out with the children.