Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Top healthy drinks
Who feels in need of a new year detox? We’ve searched for healthy drinks to help you on your way! Check out these new products that will have you feeling refreshed and revitalisted for the whole of 2017!
1. POW Sparkling Energy Water available from Sainsbury’s priced £1.25
This sparkling natural energy water is a healthier natural alternative to existing energy drinks. It contains natural caffeine from guarana to revitalise, Vitamin B and ginseng root, and there are only 10 calories per 100ml from natural fruit sugars. It comes in three sparkling flavours: Cranberry & Apple, Citrus & Zest, Coconut & Lime.
2. Piacha Tea Boosters available from the Piacha tea bar or online at www.piacha.co.uk for £4 per packet
A tea bar in Islington, Piacha, is offering a selection of tea boosters made from herbs, flowers and spices, nature’s natural remedies, direct to your door, and we love it! They’re designed to be added to your tea to give an already healthy drink an extra added boost of goodness. Each £4 packet boosts between five to eight cups of tea.
3. PACK’D Frozen Smoothie Kits available from a range of stockist including Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Planet Organic RRP £3.50 per 2x140g pack
Are you like us, adore smoothies but hate the hassle of having to make them? If so, you’ll be pleased to hear about PACK’D Frozen Smoothie Kits, they’re the world’s first frozen smoothie kits with added nutrition! Each contains six proportioned flash-frozen fruit and veg and a blend of four superfood boosters. All you need to do is add your choice of liquid and blend!
4. The Niche Company wellness teas available from stockists including Not Another High Street RRP £10.00 PER 37.5g tube
There’s a choice of six wellness teas from The Niche Company to enhance Mind, Body, Skin, Hair, Cleansing and Sleep using a specifically designed formula of medicinal herbs. You will be impressed by the modern and vibrant designs on the tube packaging, too!
And for kids…
5. Naturelly jelly juice available from Boots, Wholefoods Market, other health and speciality food stores nationwide, Nisa local and online at www.boots.co.uk, www.amazon.co.uk, www.ocado.com, www.hollandandbarret.co.uk RRP £1.09
Fill little tummies and keep their cravings at bay with the Naturelly jelly juice range! This fun and fruity juice is made from gelatine-free jelly and it’s a great alternative to sugary drinks as it contains no added sugar along with 100% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C, plus it’s only 36kcal per pouch!