Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Top Smoothies and Milkshakes to Make
Summer is in full swing, so you’re going to need to make sure you’re kept cool and refreshed throughout. We have put together our favourite smoothies and milkshakes for you to try at home.
Peach Melba Smoothie
• 410g can of peach halves
• 100g frozen raspberry, plus a few for garnish
• 100ml orange juice
• 150ml fresh custard, plus a spoonful for garnish
1. Drain and rinse peaches and place in a blender with raspberries. Add orange juice and fresh custard and whizz together.
2. Pour over ice, garnish with another spoonful of custard and a few raspberries. Best served chilled.
Salted Caramel and Pretzel Milkshake
• 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
• Splash of milk
• Caramel sauce
• 1 handful of pretzels
1. Throw in the 3 scoops or vanilla ice cream, splash of milk, caramel sauce and the handful of pretzels into a blender and mix until smooth.
2. Garnish with a pretzel and there you have it, a salted caramel pretzel milkshake.