Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes and Drinks
Valentine’s Day can be a little overrated so, if you don’t fancy celebrating with a night out or a meal, why not put your feet up in front of the TV and relax with our favourite cocktails and drinks?
Our favourite cocktail recipe:
‘Sweeten your sweetheart’ with this red-hot, chocolate surprise.
• 1/4 cup Mint-Infused Simple Syrup, plus more for rim
• 3 chocolate cookies, finely crushed, such as Nabisco Famous Wafers
• 10 raspberries
• 1/4 cup vodka
• 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
• Ice cubes
1. Fill a shallow dish with enough simple syrup to just cover the bottom. Place crushed cookies into another shallow dish. Invert a martini glass into simple syrup and then immediately into crushed cookies to coat the rim of the glass.
2. Place raspberries in a cocktail shaker; crush with a muddler. Add simple syrup and muddle again. Add vodka and cranberry juice; fill shaker with ice. Shake well until chilled. Strain into prepared martini glass. Serve immediately.
For more Valentine’s Day cocktail recipes visit Mix That Drink.
If you don’t want the hassle of making your own cocktails, why not try:
Mac & Wild Cocktails (2)
London’s top restaurant Mac & Wild has just launched its own Scottish cocktail mixes. There are four in the range: Ginger Laddie, The Auld Pal, The Forager and The Bonnie Brae. Whether you pour these over ice or just add soda, these nostalgic cocktails will be sure to transport you to the Highlands this Valentine’s Day.
Piccini Orange Label Chianti (3)
This fruity wine is sure to add a touch of class to a romantic night in! The delicious, juicy wine can be enjoyed with a Valentine’s Day meal or in front of the TV with a box of chocolates. This lovely red wine from Tuscany is one of the most talked about blends in Italian history and is the perfect addition to a romantic evening.
Raisthorpe Toffee Vodka (4)
For a sharp burst of flavour, this smooth toffee vodka is a tasty tipple perfect on its own or served with ice. It comes in an attractive bottle and shimmers with a golden colour, adding a little extra sparkle to your Valentine’s Day night in. This unique drink is sure to be unlike any you have tasted before!
Or, for something a little bit different, check out BeetActive (5), a powerful libido-boosting drink with a range of health benefits!