Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Twinkle Fairy Cakes
Everyone loves little fairy cakes so why not try our constellation inspired cakes! We’ve included a great recipe below and the decoration is truly out of this world!
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g very soft butter
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
- 200g very soft butter
- 200g icing sugar
- food colouring
- Silver balls
- Ask a grown-up helper to turn the oven on to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put a paper case in each bun hole.
- Put the sugar and butter (it must be soft or you won’t be able to mix it properly) in a bowl and mix it together. Sift in the flour.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl (spoon out any bits of shell that fall in) and add them to the bowl with the vanilla. Mix everything together.
- Divide between the cases using a spoon, scraping it off with a knife. Ask a grown-up helper to put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar to make a creamy icing. Add colouring, if you like. Push an icing nozzle into an icing bag, then scoop in the icing.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the tray. Pipe icing onto each cake and decorate with the silver balls in the shape of different constellations
- Take a look at our star inspired ideas below that you can copy and try!
Why not enjoy eating these Twinkly cakes whilst watching the Clangers on CBeebies!