"Are we there yet, mum?"
Whether she's enjoying the English countryside, jetsetting or trying to navigate an airport with kids and four suitcases in tow, Travel Mum knows her way around the globe and is on hand to help us all have stress-free travels.
Winter Driving - Top Tips from ProofCam
With January being the worst month for poor road conditions, we have teamed up with ProofCam to bring you some top tips for keeping safe when travelling on winter roads.
The following checks will help ensure your car is ready for winter!
• Screen wash: Make sure you have enough screen wash and that the concentration is suitable for cold conditions. Look for protection that goes down to -10 degrees. If you don't use a good quality screen wash, there is a danger your washer pump could freeze which not only means you can’t clean your screen but might lead to the fuse blowing and your wipers not working.
• Water coolant: Ensure that your coolant is between the minimum and maximum markers. It’s also important that there is enough anti-freeze in the coolant. If you're uncertain, have a look at your handbook or get a local garage to check the strength.
• Tyres: Check your tyre condition to see if there is adequate tread. Look for damage such as splits or bulges and check the pressure.
“Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!”
It’s important to gather a few key items and keep them in your car - just in case.
• Invest in a dash cam – this will be key for insurance purposes if you happen to be involved in an accident. The ProofCam RAC Dash Cams are perfect for this and easy to use.
• Ice scraper
• Torch and spare batteries
• Warm clothes and blankets
• First aid kit
• Reflective warning sign
• Road atlas
• Sunglasses – the glare off the snow can be dazzling.
• Mobile phone charger
By following these tips, you will increase your chances of staying safe and avoiding danger. However, if you do happen to have an accident, dash cams can provide you with the assistance and security you need for claims and peace of mind. To find out more click here.