Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Broccoli Pasta with Parma Ham Breadcrumbs
With this easy to make recipe, fusilli pasta is topped with purple sprouting broccoli, Parma ham and breadcrumbs. Yum!
Ingredients – Serves 4
• 200g purple sprouting broccoli spears, halved lengthways, then cut in half across the middle
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 parma ham slices
• 6 heaped tbsp breadcrumbs
• 350g fusilli
• Grated nutmeg
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 6 tbsp crème fraîche
• Lemon juice
• Grated parmesan
01. Boil the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, then leave in a colander to dry.
02. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the parma ham until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper.
03. Fry the breadcrumbs until golden, then put in a bowl.
04. Cook the fusilli in boiling salted water until ‘al dente’.
05. Meanwhile, wipe the frying pan clean, then heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the broccoli for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stir in the grated nutmeg, salt and pepper, the garlic clove and the crème fraiche.
06. When the pasta is ready, drain, reserving about 50ml of the cooking water.
07. Add the reserved water and pasta to the broccoli over a low heat and toss for 1-2 minutes.
08. Taste and season, adding lemon juice if you like. Crumble the fried ham into the breadcrumbs, stirring.
09. Serve the pasta topped with the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan.