Food + Drink Mum
Move over Michel Roux Jr, we've got our very own Masterchef who is on hand to bring you everything from low-cost and low-cal food ideas to mouth-watering recipes and meals in minutes. Bon Appetit!
Mushroom and spinach tagliatelle
Spend less time in the kitchen and more time in the sunshine this year with this super quick and easy mushroom and spinach tagilatelle that is full of goodness! Pasta is a staple food that lives in everyone’s kitchen cupboard and as a starchy food pasta releases energy slowly leaving you feeling fuller for longer! We love this recipe so much from BBC Food that we wanted to share it with you!
Ingredients - serves four
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• bunch spring onions, finely sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 10 button or chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
• 200g/7oz fresh spinach, washed
• 1 x 200ml7fl oz tub crème fraîche
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 300g/10½oz dried tagliatelle
1. Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the spring onions and garlic for a few minutes, or until a pale golden-brown colour. Increase the heat and add the mushrooms, cook them for 8-10 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Add the spinach into the pan and stir it as it wilts. Turn the temperature down to a medium heat and continue cooking until most of the water has evaporated.
2. Take the pan from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche. Return the pan to the heat, bring to the boil, and simmer for a few minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Meanwhile, fill a large pan with boiling water and sprinkle a little salt in. Tip the pasta into the water and cook it according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta, and toss with the mushroom and spinach sauce. Serve immediately.
Image taken from BBC Food.